Lithium Battery Packaging Guide
Step 1: Either tape terminals of each battery with clear tape or package each individual battery inside of a plastic zipper bag as shown. Make certain tape is securely attached when taping. Only place one (1) battery per bag, and carefully seal each bag when using bag method.
Step 2: Gently place the taped batteries or sealed bags inside of a box. Once the box is full, securely seal the box with packing tape.
Step 3: Palletize the boxes for transport.
- Place the boxes on pallets. It is okay to stack them four (4) levels high.
- Secure the boxes to the pallet with shrink wrap.
- Make sure that the wrap connects to the bottom of the pallet as well as the boxes.
- If you only wrap the boxes, there is a chance of the load sliding off of the pallets during transport.
- We recommend a minimum of 2 layers of shrink wrap around the entire surface area.
- Please keep the pallet weight between 2,000lbs-2,500lbs.
Step 4: Place one (1) “LITHIUM BATTERY STICKER” on the TOP of each wrapped pallet. Electronic copies provided for your convenience.